Hurrah it’s finally the weekend! Now that my body clock is pretty much hard-wired to wake up at 7am every morning for work, I decided to get out of bed and whip up this little feast for breakfast. My boyfriend made this yesterday and Snapchatted me whilst I was at work. Cue a very jealous me sat at my work desk, so I made him teach me this morning how to make this quick dish and it is just as tasty as I thought it would be! There’s nothing better than a gooey poached egg to know you’ve nailed breakfast. This is a great one if you fancy a full English but would prefer a healthier option.
You will need:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Turkey Sausages
- Wholemeal bread
- Coconut Oil
- Dried Rosemary
This is a bit of a throw it all in kind of recipe so use as many or as little of each thing as you like!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Chop up the mushrooms and place these along with the whole cherry tomatoes and the sausages into a oven dish.
- Drizzle the vegetables with coconut oil and scatter some dried rosemary and salt over the top too. Toss this through the vegetables and then put this into the oven for 10-15 minutes to cook.
- Get the bread in the toaster and put a saucepan of water onto the hob to boil.
- Once the water is up to boil, turn it down to a rolling simmer and put some white wine vinegar into the water.
- Create a mini whirlpool in your saucepan of water using a wooden spoon and once it’s spinning break your egg into the centre of it close to the water’s surface.
- Once the white of the egg feels fairly solid and the yolk is squidgy, remove this onto a plate with kitchen towel on top. This will soak up any excess water so that it doesn’t transfer onto your plate when you dish up.
- Place some spinach in with the veggies for 3-5 minutes until slightly wilted.
- By now everything should all be ready to go so pop your pieces of toast onto your plate and place your eggs on top of these. Now slice the sausages and scatter this along with your vegetables on top of your toast.